Monday, February 2, 2009

Stop, Drop, & Roll

Yesterday I was at home trying to catch up on a little TiVo and I kept hearing this humming sound outside my front window. It sounded like a big diesel truck was constantly running. So I finally decided to get my lazy butt up and take a look. WOW to my surprise~ it was a big fire truck! There was multiple fire vehicles all across the street at my neighbors house. I look and notice their front yard and to the side is burnt up. I see the two teen neighbor boys sitting in the drive way with their heads bent down and in their hands. So I assume they are guilty! They must have done something brilliant. They are constantly playing with fireworks and such. The firemen were talking to the boys and I see them make a phone call. The boys parents were not home and neither was the neighbor that the yard was burnt. Could you imagine coming home to a burnt lawn? This guy is always working out in his yard too. I felt like a little old lady peeking out my windows and getting the neighborhood scoop. Anyways after about 10 mins the boys parents coming flying up into the driveway. They get out and slam the car doors and I see them point up to the house and the boys go running inside. I would have been angry too! Well come to find out...the boys decided it would be fun to soak a tennis ball in lighter fluid and light it and see what it would do. Well~20 mph wind & dry grass= burnt yard? Now they know! I am just glad that there was not any serious damage to the house and both boys were ok~ for the time being.

2 comments:

LeighAnne said...

Goodness, you have had some major drama going on in the last few days. First your FIL and then your neighbors kids. :) I am just so glad they didn't throw that tennis ball into your yard! I would have been so mad. Poor things, they didn't realize just how dumb they were. Ha. I hope you have a great week. Hugs, LA

Sandy Lovell said...

All I can say is "Boys!" Hey there... talk to Connie... Red Rooster coming up, but I don't have your email. Would love to crop with you again if you can make it.