Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rosie~ RIP

The Bachelor this week was spent on Home Town dates with the remining four girls. Lets take a look at the most precious moments spent on each date:

Jillian~"Jumping Jelly Bean" Kelowna, British Columbia- When they first saw each other they ran into each others arms and smooched. They both seemed really excited to see each other. I thought Jillian looked really pretty in her hot pink scarf. The scenery was beautiful there. They spent some time talking at a nearby lake. Jill mentioned the legend of a Loch Ness Monster that supposedly lives in the lake, and as a kid she touched it with her foot in the water. It was funny to hear her tell him the story. They went to a winery and spent some time together by the fireplace. Jillian opened up to Jason and told him about her Mother's struggle with depression. This really seemed to help Jason understand her more and where she gets all her inner strength. They went to her parents house (Peggy & Glen) from some family time. Jason got to meet her cousin Tori too. G-maw Marjorie was also there- who came with a gift for Jason....she put Canadian Boxers oh his head. It was funny. Peggy said she had a few Q's for Jason as she pulled out a scroll of them. HAHA Jason mentioned having his BA in Psychology (little does he know he is going to need that on Naomi's date) Anways, Peggy told Jason, "Life is a dance you learn as you go." I like that saying! Jillian got a Rose!

Molly- Grand Rapis, Michigan- They spent their date golfing at the country club. She needed to spend some quality time in the mirror with her brush, fixing that messy ponytail. I am one of those girls that hates hair bumps. Anways, after golfing they went to meet her parents~ Mike & MaryAnn, sister Katie and her hubby Nick. She told Jason she seeks her parents approval, so I am sure this put a lot fo pressure on him. MaryAnn pulled out a bunch of fun hats out of the "Hat Box" for each of them to wear. Jason was was the Indian Chief. It was silly looking but it looked like they had fun. I would have been mortifed it my Mom did this. MaryAnn also got Jason to draw a picture of Molly. I was waiting on the finger paints to be pulled out too. Jason was a great sport and drew Molly with red botox lips! :) I hope he likes her parents becuase if you didn't already know..."Family is the most important thing to her." She got a Rose!

Naomi- Lake Elsinore, California- Where to begin?!?! Naomi warns Jason that her mother Joann is crazy, different, but also very interesting. She asks Jason, "Are you ready for this?" Man he had no clue what he was fixing to get himself into! haha This was probably the craziest home town date I have ever seen! Jason got to meet Joann, Dad Hector, & many other family members. Joann gets out hula hoops for everyone. Well white boy didn't have much rhythm, and the mom tells Jason "To become one with his hula hoop." BAHAHA Is she serious? Hector talked to Jason about religion. Which personally I think is very important in a marriage and should be dicussed, but Jason looked a little overwhlemed with their discussion. Naomi was like maybe I should have talked to him about his faith beforehand. Yeah Nay~you think? Anways, back to the Crazy Momma...she talked to Jason about reincarnation and premonitions. She thinks they are from the same "Soul Family." She mentioned him having maternal instincts and was probably a mom in a future life? WHAT the HECK?! She is nuts! Then the icing on the cake~Joann comes out with a brown paper bag which contains a dead dove that she had been keeping in her freezer for this special moment. OH MY!! She opened the bag some and says, "It smells like chicken." I thought I was going to puke. She had a feather blow out on her shirt. I was squirming watching Jason in this situation. I felt terrible for him. She told them that the bird hit her car and they needed to bury it and she wanted Jason to give the eulogy. The look on his face was priceless. I am sure he was hoping that this was some sort of sick joke on ABC's part, but nope she was serious. She named the dove Rosie~RIP and she had them dig a shallow grave for it. I just hope they don't have any cats! Jason said a few words and they covered it up and went inside for a little dinner~ I think for a little "Kentucky Fried Dove?" Naomi did not get a rose~ could you imagine~ Ty you are going to G-maw JoAnn's to play today. HAHA Please take a moment of silence for Rosie.....

Melissa- Dallas, TX- They seemed super excited to see each other, they ran into each others arms kissed and he picked her up and twirled her around. However, this was followed up by a huge let down of him not being able to meet her parents. They didn't want to be in the public eyes. They don't seem to be very supportive of their daughter. We learned that they never watched her cheer for the Dallas Cowboys. What in the world? What is sad! I think him meeting them is important but not everything, he is not looking to marrying them. Melissa gave Jason a gift for Ty. It was a tooth fairy box. It was really sweet. Jason went to meet her best friends Stephanie & Morgan and their family. The BBQ seemed to go well, however it was odd that when Jason asked her bestfriends about her parents they didn't really know much about them either. I just hope Jason can move past not being able to meet them. She did get a rose! YEAH :)

Next week they are going on the one-on-one over night dates in New Zealand! It will be interesting to see who decides to stay in the fantasy suites with Jason?! What were your thoughts about this weeks show? Until next week...

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Man! I wished we could have all gotten together to watch this one! We would have had so much to talk about! I think we def need to get together for the next one since Deanna is coming back!!! Great recap!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry it took me so long to respond! I was going to then something (aka. my baby) and I must have forgotten. Sorry about that.

Yes, that is the church I am a part of now. Such a small small world we live in!!!

I am looking forward to seeing what happens this coming week with the bachelor this Monday with Deanna possibly showing up. I look forward to hearing your take on that! :-)