Monday, January 19, 2009

Jersey #37 sold for...

This is an update on Saturday nights hockey jersey auction. The auction raised over $50,000 for the NICU baby unit at our local hospital. My favorite player is Travis Kauffeldt #37 and his jersey sold for $1400. I did not bid on anything. However, my hubby was playing the little devil in my ear saying if you really want it BID! haha No way... this was just too much. The money went for a great cause, it was just more than I wanted to spend. I did like the colors and thought I might would even wear this one to a game. This is what the jersey's looked like. They were baby pink and blue. Here is a picture of Travis. He got out on the ice for his jersery auction and he said my shirt and tie goes with it. The ladies (including me) in the crowd went wild. He took off his shirt and underneath was another pink shirt that supported the cause. It was too funny and his big grin was priceless. The strip tease was nice anyways! haha He also threw in his game stick for his auction too. He was also the only player to have a special auction. He held a NICU baby on the ice while eveyone bid on a baby jersey with his name and # on it. This made all the ladies hearts melt. He is such a nice guy! Now you see why he is my favorite. Not only is he an excellent player, good looking, but he has a big heart too. He scored two goals that night and they won 4-2. I think next year we are going to get season tickets, my hubby and I really like going and it something we enjoy doing together!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Now I know why you go to hockey games! He's pretty cute... and looks like he's got all his teeth :)! What a great cause! We heard about that story during our visit to the NICU when we took the Childbirth classes.

~Laura~ said...

I'm nervous that he's going to slip on the ice with that baby in his arms.