Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mercy is home!

I wanted to update you on my friend Laura and their baby Mercy. They made it home safe and sound this past Saturday night from Africa! Several of her close friends and family members met at the airport to wait on their arrival. Her sisters had pink and black balloons blown up and most of us wore pink and black shirts to the airport. We all took up a whole corner of the waiting area. It was neat to be a part of this event. Several of the kids made welcome home signs and they even had a photographer there to take pictures of the Daddy and siblings seeing Mercy for the first time. Laura seemed surprised to see so many of us there. Mercy was so cute hanging onto her Momma the whole time. I know my friends family is so thrilled to finally make this life long dream of theirs come true. I can't wait to go and visit in a few weeks, and hear all about her journey to Africa and her time spent there getting Mercy. Thanks for all your prayers!

2 comments:

LeighAnne said...

Awe how precious. I am so glad to see a picture of them all together! They look great.

Melissa said...

How sweet....congratulations to the family! Mercy looks adorable holding on to her mommy. And big sister...so proud.