Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Introducing Pastor Brian!

As many of you know our Church has been looking for a Senior Pastor now for almost 2 years! It has been a long process, with much time spent searching, praying, and seeking God's will for our Church. We have seen many members come and go and I think it is so hard on a Church to go through something like this. Eddie and I have stayed there and felt like God has us there for a reason. I have asked many of you to pray about this situation for our Church. So today, I wanted to update you on this prayer request! I am super excited to tell you that God answered our prayers and as of this past Sunday we finally have a senior Pastor again! YEAH!

Pastor Brian Mayfield was born in Chattanooga, TN in 1972. He grew up a Pastor's Kid in Texas. In 1995, he received his Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies from Dallas Baptist University and in 1998 his Master of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.

Brian is called to preach the Word of God and make disciples who follow Him. He has an incredible passion for accountability. Brian is a creative, out‐of‐the‐box, big picture, visionary leader. Brian has been involved in mission work in Honduras and the Bahamas and even developed a five‐year partnership with Casas por Cristo, building homes in Juarez, Mexico.

Brian and Morgan were married in 1997 and they now have two adorable children. They love hanging out together as a family watching movies and playing board games. Brian enjoys music and plays the guitar, piano and drums. Brian loves being outdoors where he can climb, run and bike. He has run in two marathons and is training for his next marathon along with his wife, Morgan. He is a Tennessee Volunteers fan. His favorite band is U2. Brian drinks way too much Diet Cherry Pepsi. And one of the "coolest" facts about Brian is that he is related to the Mayfield family of the Mayfield Dairy, who make the very famous Moose Tracks Mayfield Ice Cream.

I can't wait to see what God has in store for our Church~thanks guys for all your prayers!

2 comments:

stampinmomof2girls said...

Praise God! Amen Sistah! I cannot wait to see what wonderful things can happen at the Brook! yeah!

LeighAnne said...

Congratulations on the new pastor. I know wonderful things are in store for you and your church!!