Sunday, November 16, 2008

Guess what we bought?

Yep you guessed it....a new roof. haha :) I had no clue that picking out a shingle color could be so much fun. We picked several colors that we liked and our contractor gave us addresses in our area so that we could check out the different roofs. I felt like a kid on an easter egg hunt. We would look for the houses and the different colored shingles. It was fun! I was shocked, we got our roof done in one day. The materials were delivered to our house that morning and they were finished at sun down. It was great. I know people have horror stories with roofers. This was a good experience for us. We have only found a few nails in our yard. I have heard so many different stories since we started this reroofing process. One lady told me that they picked up a 3 gallon bucket full of nails in their yard after they got their new roof put on. Another lady told me that they didn't get their ridge vents cut in. I mean crazy stories, so I was a little worried about it all. Anyways, it went great and it looks fabulous! Just thought I would share!

2 comments:

~*Lisa*~ said...

I love your new roof. Hey if you like all that picking out stuff come on over to the Boro I got loads of things you can pick out! ;) I am so glad you had a great contractor these days those are not easy to come by. Love ya!

LeighAnne said...

It looks beautiful. Isn't it funny the things that bring you enjoyment as you get older? I mean roof shingles, come on! :) I hope you have a great week. Love ya.