I love Christmas cards! I actually make my own most years. Last year I cheated and did photo cards but this year I made 70 of the card below. After sending those out I did break down and send some pretty store bought ones too. I just ran out of time. If you know me at all then you know that I am the glitter queen and usually my cards are not complete without it. You can't see it well in this picture below but the swirls on the tree are covered in glitter.Anyways, in December I race home everyday to the mailbox. The last few days I've had a TON of cards in our box and I just love opening them all! If Eddie gets home before me, he leaves them on the counter for me to open. He knows how much I love getting them. I enjoy the photos cards, but my favorite ones are the hand crafted ones. Some of my friends (Connie) are super creative and so stinkin crafty that it makes me sick. haha I put all the picture cards and hand crafted ones in my scrapbook each year. I just can't throw them out! Keep the cards coming there is still a few more days left...
Also this year I decided to make these adorable Christmas balls to include with gifts. I just thought they were so cute. Just get the clear ornaments - they come in all sizes at places like Hobby Lobby. Then fill them with shredded paper (you can find this in the wrapping section of most stores). I found 3 cute ribbons and tied them at the top and then put a letter sticker on the outside for the monogram. Obviously, the one in this picture has not been monogrammed yet! Super easy and I think they are fun. You could do them in any color! These are great teacher gifts etc. I think I will give one to our receptionist at work. I better go look for an M for this one!I would love to hear what crafty things you have been working on this year. I love new ideas...
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Christmas Crafts
Posted by LuLu's Lane at Saturday, December 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Lori You are and always have been so crafty, but I had to chuckle at the thought of me doing some sort of new craft. haha I just can't do it. You, Laura and Randi got all of it.:) Love you!
I love the ornament craft! That is such a great idea and sounds so easy. Girl... you go with the card making. I went to a "stamping" party that my bestfriend had in Nashville and I was amazed at how difficult that card making is. I thought I was just going to stamp some stuff! hahahahahha... I am actually not making anything crafty this year b/c I seem to have run out of time, but I usually enjoy making alot of my gifts.
Post a Comment