Monday, December 15, 2008

Are you hungry now?

Saturday me and a friend decided we would brave the crowds and do some last minute Christmas shopping. The mall was super crowded. What were we thinking? It seemed worse to me than the day after Thanksgiving. We drove around the parking lot until we finally found a parking place. We decided to just grab a quick bite to eat at the food court before we started power shopping. This is where it got interesting. We both ordered our food and then walked around and around looking for an empty table. Did I mention it was crowded?! I finally saw a couple getting up and we grabbed their table fast before someone else took it. Well I left to get a refill on my drink and when I got back to my table my friend says I am going to be sick!! WHAT I said, "Like throw up sick?" She says, "There are roaches crawling on the table behind me!" Two ladies noticed them and they got up mumbling something about roaches. I slowly turned around and this older, homely lady was sitting there with her purse wide open (inside I could see a roll of toilet paper) and she had roaches crawling out of her purse! It made both me and my friend sick and we both lost our appetites after seeing that. It definitely made me think though. You just never know what people are going through in their daily lives or what kind of living conditions they are in. All I can do is say a prayer for the roach lady today.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Ok... I think I might have passed out! I am petrified of roaches!

~*Lisa*~ said...

Yikes I do not think I would have handled that situation as good as you did. I think after I jumped up and stood in the corner eating my food I might have finally thought about the poor lady. Bless her Lord where ever she is! LULU you are precious! Love you!

Sandy Lovell said...

Oh my! I'm glad I just finished eating! You are right... you never know what people are going through and what a kind word or smile means to them. Say an extra prayer for that woman for sure. Oh.. and by the way. I needed a smile this morning something fierce and I got to work and got your sweet message about my Allie and her smile. Thank you. I needed that! Have a blessed day!

~*Lisa*~ said...

P.S. You have an award over at my blog. :)

LeighAnne said...

Oh dear gussy, I would have freaked out. Seriously freaked out. Our little mall has been ridiculously crowded. It has made shopping a nightmare. So glad I only have a few more things to pick up. Hopefully we can knock it out tomorrow after church. :) Hope you and the hubs are having a great time getting ready for Christmas. :) Love ya.