Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sloss Fright Furnace

Guess what we did last night? Eddie and I and several of his family members decided to walk or shall I say run (hehe) through the Sloss Fright Furnace. Over the years we have been to several places like this. We have been to corn maze's, scary houses, & even some Church sponsored events. Seriously, I have seen people get saved after they have witnessed a scene from Hell. It has been years since we have been to one, so we decided on the old furnace. It really was not that scary. Inside the furnace was a maze full of frightful looking actors that tried to spook you as you ran through it. My 13 year old nephew laughed his way out.

I did notice one disturbing thing though~ there was this couple standing behind us holding their little girl, waiting to go inside the maze. She could not have been more than 4 years old. I mean seriously who brings their small child to this? Beforehand we had even discussed if my teenage nephew was old enough to go?! I felt terrible for this little girl. She looked scared. The man that was with her was weird looking too. He had his face all painted up black and white~ talk about scary. He looked like he belonged in the fright furnace himself. haha Can we say night mares for this little girl?!

You see, as a child we didn't celebrate Halloween, we didn't go trick or treating like most kids did. I don't want you to miss understand me~ we didn't miss out on the costumes, candy, and fun either. We would still dress up and go to our Church for what was called Hallelujah Fun Night. This is a Christian alternative to what the world calls “Halloween”. We would play games and win candy and prizes. Our Church now does something called Trunk or Treat. Do you or your Church do anything for Halloween? What are your kids dressing up as?

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I can't believe they brought a toddler to a haunted house! That's like the crazy people Mark saw at Talledega with their babies! You don't bring children to things like that! Clay is dressing up as a monkey for his first Halloween!! I can't wait to get pictures!

LeighAnne said...

I am right there with you on Halloween as a child. I am 30 and have never been trick or treating in my life. Even before they had Hallelujah festivals my parents just bought us candy and let us dress up for the fun of it. :) If I had a baby or a dog this year I would totally have them dressed up, but I don't. I am a little sad. I need someone to dress up. Love you girl and I will email you or call you this weekend about the cruise.