Thursday, August 7, 2008

Paintball Anyone?


Well I wanted to share how old I felt this past weekend. My one and only nephew Trevor turned 13! Oh my gosh I remember when his mom was prego with him. I can't believe how much he has changed and grown over the years. He is such a smart and loving kid and is a joy to be around. I just can't believe he is a teenager now. I told him, that I could not wait for a few more years until he turned 16 so that he could come and drive me around like to the grocery store and all. He was like, "OH BOY! Aunt Lori." HAHA I was like woo hoo you are a teen and he just laughed at me. So obviously the cool thing to do for a teen boys Birthday is to play PAINTBALL. I have never seen anything like this before. They were filthy when they were done. They had paintball guns and granades that splat paint everywhere. Sounds like a cool teens Birthday huh? And to answer your question...NO I didn't play. I have shot a paintball gun before and was actually hit by one and it hurt and left a bruise, so NO thanks I sat this one out. Not to mention who wants to get paint all over your clothes and in your hair not this ole gal! I just can't believe he is growing up so fast...Have any of you ever been hit or played paintball before?

5 comments:

LeighAnne said...

You and I have played paintball together. Do you remember? When we went to Special Forces church camp and we played capture the flag out in the woods. If my memory serves me correct, you stole the flag and won the game for us girls!! Nobody could believe we beat the boys. Fun Fun times and I don't think I would be up for playing either at this age. Too many other things I want to do!! :)

LeighAnne said...

Girl I have a ton of special forces camp pics too. Do you remember me and you standing on that bench in the river and fighting with those padded sticks while we were in football pads. You hit me with one wallop and sent me flying. I have such fun memories with you. We really should plan to try and get together soon.

~Laura~ said...

I got hit by a few during spiritual warfare camp...hurt like HECK!!

Can't believe Trever is 13 already!

~*Lisa*~ said...

Yes I have been hit by one! Again Spiritual Warfare Camp. It was my boyfriend at the time that hit me in the dang ear! ha ha ha ha

LeighAnne said...

Ok you have stumped me on the cadence. I am drawing a complete blank on that particular one. I can remember bits and pieces of other ones though, but can't seem to remember a whole one. I wanna be an airborne ranger. Lean and mean God's machine. Greg Wynn has video from our special forces year I wish he could upload to you tube.