Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bareback was my favorite

Well this past weekend Eddie and I decided that we would go to the Rodeo. Ye-haw! We have some good friends that were working it. AND...no they were not in the Rodeo they are EMT's and they were there just in case a cowboy needed their help. Of course they are tough cowboys and it turned out to be a pretty uneventful weekend for my friends. Thank God right. Our friends called and told us to come to the rodeo early and we could come back behind the shoots to see all the animals before the show. So off to the rodeo we went. My hubby and I don't wear cowboy hats, buckles, boots etc. so we just wore redneck T-shirts and jeans and we blended right in. :) We got to see the cowboys getting ready and where all the animals were being kept. I enjoyed seeing all the pretty horses, and WOW the Bulls were huge and scary looking! No way would I get on them. The smell was even bigger! haha and the heat does not help with that stinch either. Anyways, my favorite event of the night was the bareback horse riding. I have always enjoyed watching bull riding (I have even been to the PBR believe it or not) and I assumed it would be my favorite event of the night but WOW the bareback horse riding was awesome. Those cowboys would go flying in the air. I really found myself enjoying it. When I was a kid my Dad would watch bull riding on tv on Sunday afternoons after Church so this weekend brought back some good childood memories for me. Isn't it funny how a simple rodeo can do that...Have you ever been to the Rodeo and what is your favorite event? Saddle up

1 comments:

LeighAnne said...

Sounds like fun. I use to date a boy in highschool who rode in Rodeo's. Whew that brought back some scarey memories. Ha. Thanks for the photoshop comments. There is still so much I want to learn, but I have a great time playing around with it!! Have a great day girl!! :)

PS - How is Eddie?