Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Oh my gosh my little sis got married

Well I have not had a chance to blog in a while because you see I have been extremely busy these past few weeks helping my sister move and put the final touches on her big day! My sister all in less than 2 weeks, bought a new house (we helped her move), had furniture delivered, rehearsal dinner, wedding, & honeymoon. Is she crazy or what? Wow I know I was stressed for her! :) This past weekend my little sister got married. She was one gorgeous bride! I have been so consumed with helping her plan this event, that it was nice to see all the little details work out and watch it all come together in the end. She got married outside ~ yes in June and man it was sizzling hot. God answered our prayers and there was no rain! She was really worried about that. She at one point looked to me and said God does not want me to get married inside. haha :) She was right! We spent that morning together packing for her honeymoon to Hawaii and just had some sisterly time together. We then went to our hair appointments and only to find out that the girl that does my sisters hair didn't have me down for an appointment. I was a little hot. She was in a hurry and was only working 1/2 the day so she was quick to pass me off to another stylist. This kinda irritated me, so I did something that my hubby would do and tipped the girl that worked me in BIG! HAHA I hope she tells the other girl, what she missed out! Anyways, we then ate lunch together and went to the Gardens to start getting ready. Things went really well. Her horse and carriage arrived (which she was stressing about) and everything looked so pretty. Her flowers were gorgeous~ star gazer lily's. Her cakes were Yum-O as Rachael Ray would say. They were probably the best I have ever eaten. Her catering food was good. The reception colors looked great. I would say everything turned out really well. During the ceremony I had to do a scripture reading and it was the verse in Corinthians about Love never fails. Well there is a part that said love perseveres. I was praying I didn't read this as preserves (like jelly) . I had tendencies while practicing to read it that way. It became the big joke. I had to write the verse out and put it in the Pastors Bible as Per Se Veres so I would say it correctly. HAHA Anyways, i did just fine. The ceremony went well other than the speakers kept going in and out. Oh well, at the reception Jen's best friend from birth sang an amazing song to her and my parents. She did a great job. I also gave the Matron Of Honor Toast and boy was I a nervous wreck. It took me forever to write it and I practiced it over and over just ask my dear hubby. I could not get thru it with out crying. I must say I did pretty well I got a little shaky a few times but I made it thru. Well my sister and her new hubby are off on their way and I can't wait to hear all about their trip and the little of Hawaii that they see. :) I need a vacation from this wedding planning, I don't see how people do it for a living. I was exhausted!

2 comments:

Emily said...

You are in BIG trouble! I did not know that you had a blog missy!!! You have to keep me in the loop! Thanks for the recap on the wedding...sounds like everything went great and all your hard work paid off. I want to see all the pictures!

Jennifer Davis said...

ohhhh- you brought your little sis to tears! woo-woo Lu Lu!!! :)
love you!