So I decided to get acrylic nails for my sisters wedding. I have had them put on several times over the years~ proms, & weddings. My Sis and I went to a walk-in salon in the mall where she lives. It was a Sunday so we didn't have many options. We walked by the shop and instead of seeing our lovely foreign friends that always work in these mall salons we saw um..3 interesting looking American white ladies that looked like they were going to a rock concert after work. One lady had bright Pink chunks in her hair. We just laughed and decided since they looked busy that we would pass on this salon. So we went by a few places and since it was Sunday most of them were closed. Well thank goodness for my good ole I-phone I looked up a nail place that happened to be open on Sundays. We drove to the place and yep my foreign friends were working. haha We both got pedicures and acrylic nails. Now this was a simple little hole in the wall and therefore we got a simple little nail job. It would work for our pictures for my sisters wedding and all but not for me to keep forever. Ok... so now that the wedding is over and it had not even been 2 weeks, I had one nail break and I can see some others starting to lift up, and a few even turning a little yellow. What the heck? I can't deal with that. So last week I had some time off and I went to get my nails filled in and a repair. I went to a salon here in my town and I talked to this foreign guy named"Adam." Sure that is his name? Yeah right... HAHA Anyways, he talked me into getting those old acrylic nails soaked off and these new solar nails put on. Solar Nails? I have never heard of such. Evidently they are the new thing? Ever heard of them before?Well, I think they are fabulous! It was pretty quick and there is no French manicure paint sprayed on that chips etc.. It was a powder that bakes in a machine and man they sure do look natural and shiny. I was shopping at the grocery store the other day and the young check out boy was like miss and I turned to him and I was like yeah he said your nails are gorgeous. HAHA I was shocked and little does he realize he made my day. I try and tell people when I like something they are wearing etc. I tell strangers too, most of them smile and say thanks with a look like I can't believe a stranger said something nice to me like that. They usually looked shocked. It really is sad that it is like that in this world . I think you should try this week to say something nice to a total stranger and see what kind of reaction you will get. A pass it forward kind of thing! I think I will keep these nails for a while~after all the teenage boy thinks they are gorgeous. BAHAHA
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Solar Nails Anyone?
Posted by LuLu's Lane at Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What's Up! Just read your blog! Funny! We were talking to the kids at church camp a few weeks ago about how we can give Glory to God in everything we do...even smiling at people at the grocery store! You're a GLORY MACHINE for God - just thought I would share! Have a great day!
I have never heard of solar nails either... very fancy!
OK like always your stories crack my tail up. I have not ever heard of Solar nails either I might need to check into that. Keep the blogs coming they give me a good laugh every time you never fail me Lori! ha ha Love ya
Post a Comment