Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The mystery continues...

I mean seriously...my poor hubby really can't take much more of this.... Ok~so yesterday morning bright and early we had to be at the imaging center for yet another test. This time it was another CT scan with contrast. Yes~ that means he had to drink that nasty stuff. I am thankful it was not me, because I am not sure I would have kept it down. Not to mention they just bring it out in the waiting room, for you to drink it right there in front of everyone. I have Eddie on my right drinking his stuff and I have an older man on my left with this nasty looking chalky white bottle slurping away. My hubby is such a trooper. We were there for several hours again. He had to drink 16oz of this contrast and then after 30 min drink another 16oz. He drank it like a man would. He chugged it down in one big gulp. Nasty! I felt sorry for him. Then they had to give him another IV (stuck yet again) for his test. We then were sent home for the waiting game... finally in the afternoon we got the call, they still don't know what is causing all his pain. So now we are on a 6 day drug treatment plan and he has more blood work today (stuck yet again) and another dr apt next week after the final dose of meds. NEXT WEEK~ I am not sure he can go another week, feeling like this. THIS IS NUTS! All we can do is continue to pray for a complete healing and wisdom for these doctors. Something is causing all this pain...

1 comments:

LeighAnne said...

We will be praying for him. I have had 2 kidney stones myself and I know that if your kidneys are bothering you then you are in a lot of pain. Keep us updated on his progress.