Friday, July 25, 2008

medical mystery

Well, my poor hubby has been on a medical roller coaster for the past two weeks. He has been having severe kidney pain. Please pray for him, they don’t know what is wrong with him!?!?! He is in a lot of pain and is trying to work thru the pain. He has missed several days of work and my man loves what he does and hates missing work. So these two weeks have been hard on him. He is a trooper and has been stuck a bunch here lately. I know I would not like having all that done to me. After seeing three doctors, 3 sets of x-rays, TWO CT Scans (one with and without dye injection), and a trip to the ER they don’t know what is wrong with him? His Dr called him the medical mystery patient. HaHa right? Not such much!! We don’t like being a guinea pig …and it is scary to not know what is wrong with you especially when you are hurting so bad. The tests are showing that his kidney function looks normal (Praise God) and they can’t see any stones (which is good), but he is having all the symptoms and severe pain like he has stones. He has had them before! Anyways, he may have to have an MRI next week. He is taking medication (which helps with the pain) and on Monday his primary physician is going to review his case again. I am concerned and the only thing I know to do is ask that you pray for us…. I think this weekend we are going to try some home remedy stuff, who knows maybe that will work! Heck at this point he is willing to try just about anything. :) Got any good ideas for us?

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Bless his heart! I bet it's horrible not knowing what you have. I'll definitely be praying for him to get better. Hope he gets better soon!!

~Laura~ said...

praying for him! How's he feeling now?