Sunday afternoon we had our annual Church picnic. Oh my gosh who ever decided that this should be held in the southern, summer heat is nuts. It was smokin hot. I think it was in the upper 90's. The kids all played on a water slide and the adults just sat around under canopy tents trying not to bake in the sun. I wish we had these cool water slides when we were kids. Do you remember the banana slip and slide? It was a piece of yellow tarp with water running down it! haha Man they have come a long way- check it out. The kids had a blast! They played games too. Eddie and his friend Dave did the three legged race and won. The kids did a potato sack race. The best part was just sweating~ I mean hanging with our friends. Next year, I vote we have the picnic in~ oh.... October!
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Church Picnic
Kathy and our Pastor Brian
Posted by LuLu's Lane at Thursday, June 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love church picnics. And I agree, all we had to play with at church picnics growing up was sticks and rocks! :) Well, maybe we found a creek or two to get in!!
Love you girl have a great weekend.
It is way too hot to do anything outside except float in a pool!!! Those slides looked like fun! I think we need to get one for the next shrimp boil!
Post a Comment