Monday, November 12, 2012

The Color Run 5K

Before the Color Run

After the Color Run
I have been exercising regularly now for over two years. I finally decided that I felt comfortable enough to try jogging a 5K. I signed up back in the summer with my sister to do the Color Run. I thought I might as well make my first experience a fun one. If you have never heard of it, go online and check the videos out. It was crazy fun. You start out by wearing white and throughout the race you are powdered in color (colored corn starch) from head to toe. There are color stations along the way that you run though and if you make it to the end you are a rainbow!

 So to prepare for the race, I started jogging with the couch to 5K app on my phone. After 8 weeks I was able to jog the whole 3 miles without stopping. It was so excited about my accomplishment. I was just so concerned that my sister was going to have to wait on me. I didn't want to hold her back. However, after I hit the 8 week mark of training, I was jogging one night outside and I fell. I severely sprained my left ankle (which I have fractured before). I was so sad (and mad really) cause the doctor said I could not jog for several weeks. I was only 2 months away from my first run, so I decided to just lay off it until the run and hope that I could make it through. Well the day came and we had a blast. Not only did I make it through but we stayed together and crossed the finish line holding hands and made it in under 35 minutes!! We have now made this run an annual sister event. 

0 comments: