So I was backing out of my garage on my way to work and I noticed this morning dove in her nest above my garage light. We have ivy on our front porch and we usually find several birds nests in there but I have never seen one here before. I have named her Miss dovy (real original right?) lol and I can't wait to see how many little dovies she is sitting on. How many do you think? I am guessing twins! lol More to come on Miss Dovy....
This snake was coiled up on the side of the road on my way home from the gym last night. As I passed it, I actually thought it was dead. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw his head come up in the air. So, Yes I turned around to get a picture of this big snake for my Dad. He loves reptiles and I knew he would like to see it. I know I am such a good daughter. lol My sister was on the phone with me and was laughing at me for doing this. When I got back to the snake he had already started to slither off towards a neighboring house. I decided to be a nice person and stop and tell them that this monster of a snake was in their flower bed. I could not imagine bending over to pull some weeds and seeing this thing in there. I am sure they thought I was nuts, being a total stranger stopping and telling them about a snake in their yard. I would hope someone would do the same for me! Would you want to know???

2 comments:
I would have been too scared to get out of the car to tell them about the snake. That thing was huge! We had a Mama bird on our front porch. She had 3 babies. We loved watching them cry for their Mama for worms.
We have very persistent birds building nests on our porch... Mark takes the nest down (hopefully they do not have eggs in them, but he doesn't tell me) and then they are back to building it the next day. I think I would have passed out if I saw that snake!!! Surprisingly we do not see a lot of snakes around our neighborhood.
Post a Comment