Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hello 2010

The new year has rolled around and I have not even posted the first blog since before Christmas. I am so bad I know. I bet you all forgot about me huh. lol Let's see if I can catch you up on whats been going on in LuLu's World....


We had a wonderful holiday spent with both sides of our families. New Years was spent just the two of us. It was nice for a change. We went to dinner and rang in the new year at home. We are getting too old for the party scene. haha We had several different events to go to but we just decided last minute to skip them all and just chill together. We both had the week off between Christmas and New Years and we did pretty much nothing but rest. Eddie had physical therapy several times (he is finally done now) for his knee and that was about it. It was a really nice change of pace for both of us.

The weather here has been really cold. We actually got some snow and for several days the temp didn't rise above freezing. We had our pipes dripping for almost a week straight. I wonder what our water bill is going to be? Anyways, we had a little incident during this time. I decided to do a load of laundry one morning and I didn't think anything about the pipes possibly being frozen because everything in the house was working fine. WELL...not so much. I heard something and opened the door to where my washing machine is and water was gushing out the back of my machine and all into the floor. I yelled for Eddie and luckily I caught it before it was way out of control. Our drain pipe was frozen. UGH- we had to stop the wash full of clothes and figure out how to get in un-thawed. We put three big spot lights pointed towards the wall and after about an hour it drained. I have no clue what people do up north. I guess their pipes are insulted much better than ours.

Well lately we have been back to the grind of things. We spend our week days working and most of our weekends at hockey games. My favorite player #37 Kauffeldt (in case you forgot) :) hurt his back and had surgery in Dec. so he is out until Feb. sometime. What a bummer... I will be so glad when he is back on the ice and skating again. It just isn't the same watching the games without him. I am his #1 fan! haha

My vehicle has been giving me so much grief lately too, it has been in and out of the shop. Cha-Ching! So I am now starting to think/look for something new and different. I have a few cars I like. I am also considering making the switch back to a car from my big daddy bus (Expedition). I will definitely save on gas to and from work. We shall see though...Got any suggestions?

Samson- my spoiled rotten cat had to go to his yearly vet appointment. He has been doing really well lately with all his kidney issues. He takes his pill like a good puddy (well Eddie shoves it down his throat) every night and it really seems to be working. He is drinking water like crazy. Well the vet says that is great and all BUT...he is now overweight. It is always something. He seriously needs to loose 5 lbs. He now weighs a whopping 17 lbs. So now he is on portion control. The vet gave Eddie a scoop to use for his food. She said the weight could lead to diabetes and we don't want that. $100 a month for insulin-No way Jose!! She suggested we put his food in several bowls around the house so that he has to Hunt "work" for his food. Goodness this cat is so high maintenance.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I was wondering what happened to your man when we were at the hockey game last Saturday! I love that picture of Sampson! I can bring Monte over and he can chase him around and get him in shape ;)!

Emily said...

Ooh a new car! Fun! Of course I always recommend a barely used one as it saves tons off the original price. They probably have 2010 models that are used already. I like the height of SUVs but maybe get a smaller version instead of the size you have now. They drive like cars but give you extra room and a little height on the road. Good luck! You deserve something new I think - ya know, to offset the fish art you have. :)