Monday, December 21, 2009

Surprise dinner guest

Saturday night Eddie and I decided to meet some friends at Big Ed's for some pizza before the hockey game. We arrived early to get a table for 8. Eddie and I are sitting there talking to each other waiting on our friends to get there when all of sudden a scruffy lady walks into the restaurant and just plops it down at the end of our table. Alrighty then.... She sits with her back to us and looks around at all the tables in the room. I was looking around thinking maybe she had a to-go order or something that she wanted to place? She was acting very odd. You have to know my husband but all I can hear him say in this goofy voice is, "Well H-e-l-l-o there?" haha This lady looks like she is probably homeless. She was carrying a bag and was rough looking. She had a note in her hand, at first I thought it was possibly her to-go order written down but at a closer look it wasn't. I was trying not to make eye contact with her but it was kind of hard not to when after all she joined my table for dinner. She slid the note in front of my face and it was a homeless note for help. It was sad but I was still trying to digest the fact that this was really happening to us. You see this stuff always seems to happen to me and Eddie. We really are not sure why, but it always does. The waitress finally noticed her sitting there at our table and ran her off. She apologized to us but that really wasn't necessary. With it being this time of year, our surprise dinner guest really has me thinking. We are truly blessed beyond measure and have so much to be thankful for. She was just another reminder of what Christmas is really all about.

3 comments:

~Laura~ said...

oh my!!

Emily said...

Oh, that is a tough situation. I do not know what I would have done. I mean you never really know the whole story or their true intentions. But yes, we have much to be thankful for. I don't imagine either of us will ever be in that position.

Anonymous said...

awh, that makes me sad!