Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Dealing with...

So today I had to deal with this at work...a good ole flat tire,
Thank God for two of the guys I work with.
They helped me change the tire or shall I say I supervised them! haha

Last night I had to deal with this...

My parents pool almost overflowed. I went by their house to check on it since we had such a hard rain yesterday. It was a good thing I did because it was almost spilling out onto the concrete. I had to call my parents and wake them up. My Mom had to guide me over the phone how to turn their pump off and how to turn the back water flush on. It was oh so very interesting and I am sure a site to see. Oh to be a fly on a float in that pool. haha You see it was extremely late, raining, thundering, & lightning. I was holding a phone, a huge umbrella , & a heavy mag flashlight. I was dealing with all this while trying to hear my Mom over the rain tell me how to get the water level down. Needless to say I was soaked when I left their house.

So it's a good thing I went to my parents house after the ladies Christmas dinner at Church and not before. Each year we have several women who decorate tables for us to come and enjoy food and fellowship with one another. It is really a fun time. I always sit at the cool table (Dayna's) haha with my good friend Connie. This year our tables theme was the candy cane.
We also had a cool opportunity to shop for a unique gift this year. We had a table set up from "Bead For Life." I first heard about this organization a little over a year ago when a dear friend gave me a bracelet. I have worn it and word has spread. Bead For Life is about the women of Uganda who are trying to better themselves by making beaded jewelry by hand from recycled paper. If you have never heard of it check them out at beadforlife.com. All the money spent from us ladies shopping last night (over $1500) went directly towards helping these women of Uganda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to a Christmas dinner like that once with my aunt and it was a lot of fun! Looks like your night was fun too... well, until the rain and the thunder and the lightening and the pool spilling over and the pump.... well, I think you get what I'm saying. Glad you didn't get struck by lightening though! That would have made that flat tire seem like a piece of cake! ahahahahha

~*Lisa*~ said...

Ummmmm You shoulda called your favorite pool people and we woulda walked ya through it :) I LOVE the Beads for Life! I LOVE MINE what a wonderful gift to give! Not only a great piece of jewelry but a wonderful donation to a great cause! :)