Sunday, January 24, 2010

Gold Party

Friday night after work I went to my good friend Laura's house (pictured above) to attend her Gold party. This was my first time to attend one of these parties before. I have been to just about every kind of home party you can think of. You know the ones... I am sure most of you have even hosted them. Parties like Pampered Chef (which I personally love) , Tupperware, stamping/scrapbooking (I had to through that one in), candle parties, but never anything like this before. You might be asking just what exactly is a Gold party? A Gold party is where you bring your Gold jewelry to be appraised and sold for cash. It was kind of funny to look around and see all the ladies waiting their turn to meet with the appraisers with their loot in their little zip lock baggies. There is no product catalog to rummage through and feel like you have to buy something out of it or anything like that. It is just straight up you sell your gold for cash. My kind of party! haha My friend Laura made some soup and invited her friends over for some girl talk and gold hawking! I really didn't have that much old gold to sell but I did make $234 on what I did dig up. I thought that was pretty good. You know most of us have those old pink ice, gold chains, panda rings just lying around in an old jewelry box collecting dust. Two of the ladies at the party made some serious bank. lol One of the girls total was over $1000. Laura (the host) also benefits from having the party by receiving 10% of the total of gold sold at their party. It was fun and definitely a different kind of home party than I am sure most of us are use to going too!

0 comments: