So, my parents new past time lately is playing BINGO. Each week I get a call from them wanting me to go with them. So, this week I finally gave in and went to see what all the hype was about. My family loves games and we have played bingo over the years and such but never anything like this. There is a huge room set up with bingo monitors all over the walls so that you can see the bingo #'s. Let me tell you that there are some serious bingo players out there. You have to be over 18 years old to play, but I would say the average age in the room was probably around 60. haha Some of the ladies are very serious about their bingo accessories. They carry this special bingo bag to hold all their various colors of ink daubers that they use to mark their bingo cards. You only need one dauber but most of them have every color to choose from. haha They like the variety of colors on their card. I know too funny right?!
There are long tables set up and you should see the lucky charms people bring to bingo. It was hysterical. There were men...YES MEN with toy animals lined up across the center of their tables. I saw troll dolls, sport team stuff, just about anything. The total pay out over the night is around $2,000. It only costs $15 to play 6 bingo cards and you could win anywhere from $30, $50, $70, $200 a round and the grand prize is $500. We didn't win anything but there is always next week. haha Stay tuned for my next Bingo post~I just might be sporting my new bingo bag! HAHA
Thursday, October 8, 2009
B~I~N~G~O
Posted by LuLu's Lane at Thursday, October 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's hysterical!!! You need to get some pictures of people's lucky charms! Sounds like fun!!
Oh, I would love to play some BINGO. You know how competitive I am. I may have to tag along next time. You know I don't get out much. :)
Richard's gmother used to play Bingo at the nursing home and she won all kinds of loot!! it was always so sweet to see the older people pushing around stuffed animals in their baskets of their walkers!!!!
Post a Comment