We had a fabulous time on vacation last week. We went on a cruise out of Florida to Key West and to the Bahamas for the week. We had never been to KW or Nassau so we decided to check them out. We love seeing new places. Our first stop was in Key West. We took a trolley ride around the small area of KW to check it all out. It is fabulous there. We saw so many beautiful homes and tropical flowers everywhere. We saw the main tourist areas such as the Southernmost point, mile marker 0, & Hemingway's house. I looked for the famous polydactyl cats but didn't see any. We went to Margaritaville and Eddie ate their famous conch fritters and we went to Sloppy Joe's and of course ate some sloppy joe's. They were fantastic! The restaurant has been there since the 1930's. I enjoyed seeing everything there was in KW!
In Nassau we decided to check out the famous Atlantis Resort that everyone goes on and on about. We spent the day touring the resort and all of their huge Aquariums etc. It was really neat to see all the sea creatures. Eddie and I both love snorkeling and seeing all the animals. The weather was gorgeous there. It was sunny and hot in the 90's. When we got home it was a shocker to step off the boat to this 50 degree weather. We had a wonderful time and got some much needed rest while we were away! Today it was back to work & reality.
Monday, October 19, 2009
back to work & reality
Posted by LuLu's Lane at Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oh Lori!!! I love hearing about all of your wonderful travels. I have been to Key West a couple of times and it is so pretty there. I tried the snorkeling thing (ended up REALLY sea-sick and "fed the fish" if you know what I mean!!!) Sorry, you probably didn't want to know all of that. Also, Richard and I have been wondering about Atlantis.... was it somewhere yall would stay? Just curious about it! Glad you are home safe. Where are we going next? I mean, where are YOU guys going next???? Hehehehehehe
Post a Comment