Well this past week was a super busy one at work. I was so glad when Friday rolled around. I went to dinner with two good friends and we hit the mall for some good therapy time! haha At the mall as we were checking out and I noticed this girls arm. At first I wasn't sure if she had a medical reason to have this rod sticking out of her arm or if it was a piercing. I then notice all the ones in her ears and then she spoke and her tongue was pierced and then she moved and her belly button had a jewel dangling. So yeah... She had a piercing in her arm that I have never seen before. She was young and very outspoken, so I thought I would ask her about it. It looks like a ball straight through her skin right above her wrist. She said it was called a dermal anchor. It goes in your skin and then hooks. It does not come out the other side. It looks very painful. She said it was the rage in California right now. It was the cool new piercing. Oh ok I said. She was like yeah my piercer did it for free and it costs like $100 for others to get it. Wooppiee I thought. I was like how do you remove it? She said that you can't. It has to be cut out. WHAT? I just don't understand why someone would want to anchor anything in their arm? I only have my ears pierced I am a big baby, I would never put a rod in my arm for the fun of it! I have thought of getting a cute tattoo, but really I will never do that either. I am a BABY! haha
I did one time pretend that I got my tongue pierced as a joke to my parents. You see I bought this fake tongue ring to mess with my Mom. I wore it one night to their house and Lord have mercy she flipped out. She was sick to her stomach to think that I would do such a thing. She was really mad at me. I am talking... I was grown and married playing this joke on her. She was giving me the 3rd degree. I raised you better, you should have not done that to your body, that is so tacky. I was hearing it all. She was even mad at my hubby for letting me do it. I think that is funny too. My hubby letting me.. haha :) Anyways, when I took it out of my mouth, she was seriously mad. She was like that is not funny, and I was laughing so hard at how mad she got at her grown daughter. You see if I really wanted one I would do it. I don't... but her reaction was priceless. It was definitely one for the books. HAHA
So what do you think about dermal anchors? It is all the craze you know...you only need $1oo.
Monday, May 12, 2008
dermal anchor anyone?
Posted by LuLu's Lane at Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment