Wednesday, April 30, 2008

So that is what it feels like...

This past weekend my hubby and I kept our 12 year old nephew. We picked him up after school and kept him until Sunday night late. Well on Friday, we took him out to eat Mexican at his favorite spot and we did a little shopping. He was excited when we got home that night and he realized that his uncle had gotten X-box Rock Band since the last time he was over at our house. He was thrilled to get to play it with us. You should have seen us rockin out that night. We were the cool aunt and uncle! haha Anwyays we decided on Sat. afternoon to take him to Panoply. It is an arts and crafts festival for kids. My good friends twins were dancing that afternoon at the event too. It was fun, we walked around and looked at art work that all the kids had made. We decided to go eat at a new Italian place for dinner that night. It was really good. So ok since I have my 12 year old nephew for the weekend I have come to realize WOW at the prices for things. He is at that age that he can still get the 12 and under kids dicsount BUT he doesn't want you to order his food etc off the kids menu. Well you know what TOO BAD! haha I am the one paying for it. haha I mean seriously the portions are great and over 1/2 the adult price. It is crazy. Also at Panoply he got in free with a paying adult. They gave him this name bracelet to wear with all his info in case he gets lost. You think he was going to do that? WRONG! haha I don't blame him he has a cell phone. I didn't make him or anything. He is too cool for that. He didn't want to be seen doing anything childish. No childish crafts for him. Gotta keep that cool image. haha Oh I so remember those days! To be a pre-teen again. It was intersting to see how much he has changed and how grown up he thinks he is. He would stand around and watch the other kids do the crafts and try and get in the adult converstaion. Wrong my friend, you are still a child. Go and make the rice toilet paper roll tamberine and LIKE IT! haha I wish I could make one and shake it all day at my co workers. Oh to be 12 again. After the weekend was over and our Aunt and Uncle Duties were all over, my hubby and I passed out on the couch together that night and said so that is what it feels like to have a pre-teen.....

1 comments:

~*Lisa*~ said...

Oh Wow Its hard to believe he is that old now. I remember when he was just a little boy. :o) Sounds like you guys had fun!