Thursday, April 17, 2008

Gatlinburg Weekend

Well this past weekend, me & my hubby went to Gatlinburg for a little get away. It was a quick trip though. We left on a fri afternoon and returned Sun night. I was a little concerned about leaving on Fri because the weather here was really bad. We chose to make the drive anyways. I am glad we did, because the weather on Sat was gorgeous. We went shopping (outlets), and drove the scenic route (Cades Cove) and took many pics by the streams/falls. I have never seen so many pancake houses before either.We ate at a Flap Jacks on Sat morning for brunch and it was really good. We love to travel and try new things. We stayed at this nice little quaint cabin overlooking the mountains. We saw a Ground Hog outside our cabin, wild turkeys, & many deer. I got lots of pics to scrapbook. We enjoyed good food at the Old Mill Restaurant and ate ice cream at the Apple Barn. This is where the day gets interesting. Why do these things always happen to us. We are sitting in our suv in the parking lot with the windows rolled up talking about where we are going next and the next thing I see is a little gal squeezing between our vehicle and the one next to us in this crowded parking lot. I will say... she looks like she has seen better days. She motions for my hubby to roll down his window. So he does and she proceeds to tell us that she and her sister and kids are having a really bad day. She is talking 90 miles an hour and is acting strange. She said that her alternator in her car blew up but she has someone helping her with that, but she needs $. Here we go....She had this whole story worked out with notes about the amount of $ the alternator costs etc. I was like wow what a good con artists. I am sorry but we didn't believe her. She must have talked for 2 solid minutes. My husband looks straight at her and calmly says sorry but we would not be able to help. She says thank you anyways but you can still help by praying for us. My hubby says we will do. I know this is sad, but you just never know what she was trying to pull off. It was crazy! We saw her later talking to another couple at the front of the parking lot and the man grabbed his lady and they walked off shanking their heads NO. It was an interesting experince. What would you have done? I think we will make this trip again, but we will have to stay a little longer, and try another flavor of ice cream at the Apple Barn...

1 comments:

~*Lisa*~ said...

I love your blogs they crack me up. I can hear you saying every word! I love the Smokies since we live so close its a great little weekend get away. We always take the girls for a week right before school starts in our camper! HA HA I am my father's child! Apple Barn orange julep and the fritters are my favorite!