Monday, January 23, 2012

Kitty IV

It has been forever since I have written on here, but today I thought I would journal about what's been going on with Samson. He had his wellness vet visit last week and everything seemed to be normal. Eddie was talking to the vet on how we noticed that Samson was drinking and going to the bathroom an awful lot lately. So she decided to do some blood work and check his kidney levels. Well we got the call the next afternoon to bring Samson back to the vet for a "flushing." His kidney levels should be around a 2 and they were a 6. When they reach a 4 it is alarming. The vet showed Eddie how to administer Samson's IV and asked if he thought he could do it at home himself. So for the last several days we have been DR and NURSE to Samson. We have to put him up on the counter and I hold him still while Eddie puts in his IV. We have to let it run for about 3 minutes which seems like forever! Samson goes back to the vet this afternoon for a recheck of his levels. We are praying that they have come back down to the normal range. He is our baby and over the past 12 years has had lots of kidney/bladder issues. I just want him all better! Take a look at the nurses station...oh you can only imagine how this goes down!

1 comments:

Mama A said...

Oh! That is heartbreaking! Praying your baby will be all better soon!!