Monday, November 7, 2011

Halloween

I didn't want to forget about this years Halloween. I went Trick or Treating with the Churchill girls (Emily & Sarah)! For the past several years now Eddie and I have been going to their house for Halloween. My friend Connie always cooks something delish and then we either pass out candy or go trick or treating with the kids. This year Eddie had to work late, so I went and walked with Con and the kids. Emily decided on being a Hippy and Sarah was a creature from the movie Avatar. We had fun and I always enjoy getting to see all the kids costumes. My friend Connie told me that Emily had written a paper at school about Halloween. She wrote about how Eddie and I come over and celebrate with them. It was sweet and made me realize that we are making memories with these kids that will hopefully last a lifetime.

I have fond memories of my parents close friends while I was growing up. We always went to their house around Christmas and my "Aunt" Betty & "Uncle" Johnny always had something under their tree for us kids. We loved playing their organ, had fun at their cabinet workshop, terrified of their huge Great Dane, and loved sliding on blankets down the stairs in their house~ just to name a few! Do you have any special memories of non-relatives in your life?

0 comments: