Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Bermuda

For our fall vacation this year we chose to go on another cruise. This time we chose a place that we had never been to before- the beautiful island of Bermuda. My sister Jennifer and her husband Grant and her good friend Deidra and husband Alan went with us. Eddie and I flew to Norfolk, VA and stayed the night there and we all set sail the following day on the Carnival Glory headed towards Bermuda. We were at sea for several days before arriving in Bermuda.We decided to go snorkeling since that was the one thing Alan really wanted to do. He had never been and was looking forward to it. The water was chilly but gorgeous and we saw tons of colorful fish. This was the first time that we saw a family of squid while snorkeling. Eddie and I love to snorkel and have seen just about everything under the sea but never squid. They were interesting to watch. Every time I snorkel, I am always amazed of Gods underwater creation. The vibrant color of the coral and the fish was truly remarkable. I think everyone should experience snorkeling and the life under the sea at least once in their life time. Gods creation under there is awesome.We then went to the famous Frog and Onion Pub for some lunch and drinks. We were so hungry from all the swimming and snorkeling. Eddie of course had to try all 6 of their Island brewed beer. We all tasted each one and I still have not acquired the taste of beer. Jen and I will just have to stick to our fruity drinks~ the Kiss on the Lips on the ship was our fav! lolWe then went on a bus ride towards the capital city of Hamilton, Bermuda. We rode over the smallest draw bridge in the world. It is large enough for a sail boat to pass through. We stopped at the Horseshoe Bay beach in search of the pink sand. Bermuda is known for its pink beaches. We saw some pink sand but I wanted to really see PINK sand. So we hiked/walked the beaches forever until we found it. The scenery was breathtaking. Can you see the pink in my hand below?I can't wait to take my next adventure~ I saw a 17 day cruise to Tahiti and Fiji. I think that would be fantabulous! I wonder what work would say?? I know~keep dreaming right...

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Looks like so much fun!! I have to live vicariously through your fabulous vacations since we NEVER go on any!! And a 17 day trip... that sounds WONDERFUL!!!!

Emily said...

Ooh that cruise to Fiji sounds divine! Thanks for posting all the pics. Looks like a beautiful place to visit.