Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Vacay

This past week Eddie and I went on a much needed vacation. We have not been off of work since Christmas. We were both ready for some fun in the sun. We love to Cruise so we booked one out of Ft Lauderdale, FL We chose this cruise because it was going to a few places that we had never been too before. We went to St Thomas, Tortola, Antigua, Virgin Gorda, & the Bahamas. We love to explore the Islands and see everything we can while we are there. Here is where our adventures took us this time.

Our first stop was to St. Thomas, USVI. We truly love this place. This was our 4th time here so we just decided to spend the day in the water. We decided to go mini boating for the first time. It was so much fun. We rode out to Christmas cove and went snorkeling. We saw lots of colorful fish and just had the best time. I was a little worried about getting in and out of the water from the mini boats, but I did just fine. I sure was glad I have been hitting the gym hard. I needed those arm muscles to pull my big butt back into the boat. lol That was a site to see I am sure. HAHA

We then went to Antigua. We had never been there before so we were looking forward to new sights. We did a little shopping before our real adventure started. We had to make a run through the city to find some sunscreen. We had taken several bottles but dang, we were getting our white tails burnt. This girl has not been out in the sun much this summer. Eddie even got his scalp burnt. UGH We decided to take a catamaran ride around the whole island. It took about 6 hours but it was beautiful. We drove past Oprah's "little" summer home. haha It stopped at a private beach for everyone to swim, snorkel, and enjoy the open bar! lol

Our next stop was Tortola, BVI. This was also our first time here. I loved all the sail boats in the bay and all the houses on the hills. It was simply gorgeous. We did a little shopping and looking around here too. Then we took a water taxi over to Virgin Gorda to see "The Baths." You may ask me what the heck is "The Baths?" Well it is where the beach shows evidence of the island's volcanic origins, as huge granite boulders lie in piles on the beach, forming scenic grottoes that are open to the sea. Did you like that Google answer for ya? HAHA You can climb & swim all through the boulders. We hiked down to them and had a very adventurous day.

Last but not least we spent our final day in Nassau, Bahamas. We had also been here before, so we just decided to take it easy. Of course I did a little shopping and then spent the afternoon at a local beach. Almost everyone spends their day at Atlantis, but we did that the last time and we wanted to try a local less crowded beach this time. It was fun and something new to see.

The trip was fantastic but the flight home is another whole story for another day...Let's just say that an hour and half direct flight back ended up taking us over 18 hours in the airport and having to stay an extra night in Atlanta before making it back home.

I can't wait for October and our next adventure...

Virgin Gorda- "The Baths"
Eddie and I at dinner on the cruiseTortola, BVI
Oprah's house in Antigua
Pharmacy run in Antigua for some sunscreen!

Having fun on the Mini Boats
Mini Boats in St. Thomas, USVI

Atlantis Resort in Nassau, Bahamas

4 comments:

Leslie said...

It looks absolutely beautiful!! Glad y'all had a great time!!

Emily said...

Sounds like you all had a great vacation! Glad you didn't have any drama during your trip. The mini boats and snorkeling sounds awesome. One day we need to go with you all on these adventures!

~*Lisa*~ said...

I am going to need to have a talk with you about a trip that Bo and I will be taking in the next 5 months. You travel queen you. Everything looks beautiful and the islands are pretty too :) I am so proud of you.

amy (metz) walker said...

Beautiful pics...looks fabulous!