Wednesday, February 9, 2011

a much needed face lift

My house got a much needed face lift this past month. We had tile put in our kitchen, bathrooms, and front entry way at our house. I hated the old linoleum flooring. I felt like every time I cleaned them they always looked terrible. If your house has linoleum then you know that it shows every piece of dirt and scratch marks possible. So we finally decided to hire someone to give our rooms a new look. I absolutely love the pieces of tile that we picked out. These pictures of my kitchen are not the best but you will get the general idea. It took the tile guy Jason a week to rip everything out, stick and grout the tile. I really did not enjoy my house being torn apart, but in the end it was all worth it. I just wish someone would have warned me about all the dust. It was everywhere. I spent my whole Saturday mopping and dusting everything from top to bottom. We should have invested in tile years ago. I think carpet is next. Kitchen floor~ bye bye linoleum
Jason sticking & grouting
finished kitchen floor

2 comments:

Emily said...

Ooh, I love it! And you did a great job of picking out the color. That will not show any dirt, my dear, which means less mopping for you! Yay for you!

Leslie said...

It looks great!!! And I love the color!