Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's a Party~ It's Fitness~ It's ZUMBA

At the end of the summer I decided to make a MAJOR change in my life and I joined the gym. Me and my good friend Laura decided to join together and hold each other accountable. We meet almost every day and it has been a major life style adjustment for us both. It was slow going for us at first and it just showed us how bad out of shape we were. However, Laura and I are a great workout team; we just keep encouraging and motivating each other. I am so thankful to be doing this with her. Ten weeks ago a mile just about killed us lol and now that is our warm up. Seriously~ we could barely do 10 mins on the eleptical. Now, in less than three months we have improved so much. We usually do cardio for an hour and then 30 min of weights. I will never forget that feeling when I rode the eliptical for an hour straight. I was super proud of myself. Laura has already ran a 5K and is planning others. Well this past week we decided to try out the Zumba class. What the heck were we thinking? HAHA OH MY talk about a different kind of workout. We laughed our butts off...well not really... man don't I wish it was that easy just to laugh it off but boy we sure tried! haha My ribs are so dang sore from shimming like that to the rhythm of the latin music. WOW I had no clue what we were doing but we sure had fun trying. Do any of you take Zumba? I think we might try Body Pump next...

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Great job!!! I wish I could get dedicated to working out religiously! I've done Zumba in the comfort of my own home on a DVD before and it was fun! Beth does Body Pump at her gym and likes it.

Emily said...

OK first of all - I am so proud of you! It takes so much dedication and sacrifice to give that kind of time to the gym. I think it is great that you and Laura have each other to keep each other motivated. Second, I would have paid BIG MONEY to have witnessed the Zumba class. I love some laughs and I would have been right there with you. I have never tried it but I have heard it is fun. Keep it up and I want to see some pics of you!

Sarah said...

Okay... I second Em WAY TO GO GIRL on your dedication- I am impressed and a bit jealous!!! I actually was going to Zumba classes pretty regularly (at Riviera) for a couple of months and LOVED it!!! I miss it actually.... hmmmmmm maybe I need to get my booty back there!

~*Lisa*~ said...

I am so buying Zumba for Wii... ;) Our gym does not offer it so I figure I can get a work out and play a game all at the same time ;)