Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mexican Cruise

HOLA~ This past week was spent on the open seas on our way to Mexico! Eddie and I decided to take another cruise and spend a little fun in the sun for our fall vacation. My sister, Jennifer and her husband Grant went with us. We all had a blast together. We went to Cozumel, Calica, and Cancun Mexico. It was my first time to Cancun so I was excited about seeing some place new. Our first stop was to Cozumel and we went to Chankanaab National Park to spend the day on the beach. It was gorgeous there. Eddie and I went snorkeling and saw tons of colorful fish and actually found the Statue of Jesus Christ under the water. It was really neat to see! We both came out of the water saying we found Jesus AGAIN! :) Here is Eddie snorkeling in the water. This picture below was my favorite little spot of the week~the view of the ocean was amazing! Actually I am still wishing I was there right now. I will sit here in Cozumel again one day.

Our day in Cancun was spent shopping in the downtown open air market and also in the resort "pretty" area of town. The picture below was from the meat markert where all the locals shop. It was a little shocking for my brother-in-law to see. He has never really been out of the country (other than Canada) and he was shocked to see people hussling for a living. They all want you to stop into their hut and sell you something. The beef and chicken just sit out in the heat all day. I kept looking around for live rodents scurring on the ground. It is definitely a very different way of living. We have so much to be thankful for here in the US.

While at sea, we enjoyed playing spades, laying in the sun, reading my Nook for the first time. I read the Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks (thanks Emily) it was a great book! The food was good and the entertainment was even better. We had a formal night on the ship and these are a few pictures from that night.

We are already talking about where we want to Crusie to next~ got any suggestions?! I am thinking maybe Hawaii or back to the Virgin Islands!

1 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm so jealous!!!! Looks like y'all had a blast! The outdoor meat market made me gag a little! I couldn't imagine how any of it could be safe to eat sitting out all day!