Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mail lady are you ok?

Who knew that going to the post office today was going to be such an experience that I would have to write about it later. I don't usually make the mail run for work but today I had something that I wanted to mail out so I volunteered to go. Of all the days, I arrived to flashing lights from a firetruck pulling into the front parking lot. I was like oh noooo a fire at the post office! NOT GOOD! So I drove further down and parked trying to decide what was going on and if I should attempt to go inside. I had driven all the way down there and I really needed to get my package mailed out. Then an ambulance pulls up to the front door and a worker from the post office comes out and directs them inside. I now assume someone has come to get their mail and has fallen out or something. I wait and watch them take a stretcher inside. So I sit patiently in my car, still debating on what to do. Well I watch several other people go inside and decided to do the same. Now I really wanted to know what the heck was going on. I get inside to where all the PO boxes are and I don't see the paramedics. I go inside another little area to have my package weighed and mailed and bingo there they are. The lady working the counter must have passed out. She was on the floor behind the counter and she was coming too. Now picture this..one customer is at one counter filling out her address to ship something. I am at the next window getting my package weighed and buying stamps etc. The other window has a lady who works for the post office shouting what is her husbands phone number we need to call him while the paramedics are trying to ask her questions and get her on a stretcher to take her to the hospital. It was wild to say the least! The post office was up and running and carrying on business like normal. I am praying for the mail lady today. I really hope she is ok!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh, no! Drama at the post office! The ambulance picture adds a nice touch. If only you got a picture of the paramedics hard at work ;)!

LeighAnne said...

Oh my. Bless her heart! I hope she is ok too. I would have been yelling for someone to call Blake too! :) Love you!

Emily said...

You come upon the strangest things! Cracks me up that everyone was like "just step over the body - people have mail that needs to go!" I do hope she is OK.