Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Reserved Parking

So, I went to Wal-mart on my lunch hour, and I noticed that like many stores now they have a reserved parking spot for expecting mothers. This close parking spot was vacant but I chose to drive around and park further out so that an actual pregnant lady (Em) could have that closer spot. I parked a few spots farther down but watched another car whip into that same spot. So as I was walking towards the store I saw the lady getting out of the expectant mothers car, and as I expected she was not pregnant. She looked like a little miss priss who did not want to walk far to take her return back. I was a little peeved by this and actually thought about embarrassing her. I know... what good would this do? Well it might make her think about parking there next time. When I got inside and was getting a grocery cart she was standing there getting her return inspected by the door police (old lady greeter). I came so close to saying excuse me but when are you due? I parked next to you and saw that you were in the parking spot for expecting mothers~ Congrats! haha I just let it go though or did I really since I am now blogging about it. :) I wish people cared a little more about others. Do you park in this spot~when you are not prego? I would not until I was at least 5 months pregnant and definitely showing!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am in agreement. Those spots are reserved for pregnant women but I feel like you should be showing and in the "I am so tired and ready not to be carrying this baby anymore" phase. I am in first trimester and don't park there yet. But really, have you ever stopped to notice all the people that park in the handicap spaces that don't have any physical impairments! They may have the hang up sign they put on their mirror but there usually is not a thing wrong with them except for the fact that they are LAZY!!!

Leslie said...

I can't tell you how many times I wanted to say something to women who were CLEARLY not preggo that parked in those spaces. That was one of my favorite things about being pregnant! I did wait until I was visibly pregnant because I didn't want anyone thinking the same bad things about me :)!