My evening last night was spent in the ER with Madison. Her mom, Tara and I have remained close friends since high school. She has four girls which I love to pieces. Well last night Tara calls me and says that the 11 year old, Madison was riding her scooter and had an accident. They think she broke her arm! So off LuLu goes to the ER to sit with Tara while they take care of Madison's arm.
It was very interesting. I learned a lot about the Pediatric ER. I had no clue that they would set her broken arm right there in the ER room. They called in a "Feel Good" Dr. who gave Madison a fantastic drug that knocked her out immediately. I have never seen anything like this before. She was out for about 20 min or so, long enough for the Dr to literally twist her arm back into place and wrap it up. As soon as he was almost done with the final wrap, she then started waking back up. WOW modern medicine!
I pray Madison heals quickly, poor thang. She was so worried about missing her sat's this morning. Bless her little heart, she was so pitiful looking, but very brave!
Monday, April 6, 2009
ER with Madison
Posted by LuLu's Lane at Monday, April 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
They set it right there in the room?!? Holy smokes!! I hope she's feeling better soon!
Post a Comment