Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Alaska was Amazing

Alaska was truly amazing! The scenery was beautiful. Eddie and I love nature and animals so we decide to go whale watching. It was peak season there in Alaska for the whales and they were awesome to watch, especially when they would dive down for food.

We saw lighthouses, and several other animals like sea lions, seals and eagles. We even saw a huge black bear, however I didn't have enough time to get a picture of the bear before it ran off into the woods. This trip was definitely one we both will never forget.




We saw several glaciers like this one...what an amazing picture of God's creation! The view was spectacular. It would take your breath away!

So as you can see we had an amazing time in Alaska celebrating our 10 year anniversary. Well I also got a big surprise when we boarded our ship. We walked into our room and Eddie has done it again! I have a good hubby and plan on keeping him! :) I just wanted to share how over the top he went to make our 10 year anniversary so special. I loved every bit of it, and what woman wouldn't?! Eddie had a bottle of chilled Dom Perignon champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, a dozen roses, two terry cloth robes; canapés and petit fours ordered for every evening; breakfast in bed one morning, a silver-frame with an 8" x 10" portrait that we had taken on the cruise with a professional photographer, and a facial and a massage at the spa. I was in Heaven. I was so surprised and just can't believe all that he did for me! He made me feel special and just like a princess. I am so thankful to be his wife! As you can imagine, it was really hard to come back home and get back into our regular routines after all this. I can't wait for our next adventure together. We are already planning...do you have any suggestions on places that your family has been too. I would love to hear all about it! You only live once right, so make the most of it!

4 comments:

LeighAnne said...

Hey girl! WOW is all I can say. It looks like this was the trip of a lifetime. I would have loved getting a massage and facial at the spa!! That kind of gift really speaks to me, ha! The one place I have been and I think every Christian needs to visit is Israel. It is the most beautiful and amazing place I have ever been too. It will change your life forever! Maybe ya'll can do that in 10 years!! I am glad you are home. I have missed you. Talk to you soon.

Love - LeighAnne

~*Lisa*~ said...

Oh My goodness I love all of the pictures and can not wait to see the rest of them.
Your husband is such a sweet soul and you are right you are very blessed. I love to hear all of the little romantic things he does for you. You deserved every one of your anniversary gifts! Lovins

Leslie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!! Eddie is such a romantic! Mark may need to take lessons :).

~Laura~ said...

The pics are AMAZING and Eddie spoiled you rotten with all the special treatment. Such a sweet boy he is. I think Eddie needs to give Sean some lessons. :)