Thursday, May 7, 2009

Barney Fife to the Rescue

So I pulled up to work this morning and noticed two of my co-workers standing outside next to my Boss's vehicle. This is a vehicle that he does not drive on a regular basis. It stays parked at our office. Actually it has sat so long that the battery is now dead. Evidently sometime last night, someone busted out his window and stole his GPS system. My co-workers called Barney Fife to come and file a report, and I was the chosen one to deal with him. Barney dusted for finger prints and everything! I think he wanted to be on CSI. haha He even made a joke about it. :)

It just makes me furious when people get away with crimes like this. They have no consideration for peoples things and time. It took me over an hour this morning to deal with the Barney, the Insurance Adjustor, and the glass experts to get it replaced today before it rains again. We had to even go out and purchase a tarp and auto tape to do a temporary repair just in case it rains before they can get here to fix it. Wow what a mess and a lovely start to this day! At least no body was hurt or anything.

5 comments:

LeighAnne said...

Ah small town living. Can't make do without a "Barney." Sorry you had a crummy start to your day! You sound like me, the person who gets to take on all the stuff that no one else wants to deal with! :) Love you girl.

Leslie said...

Stuff like that just ticks me off! I really wish you would have asked Barney if you could get a picture of him for your blog! That would have been hysterical!

Sandy Lovell said...

You are hillarious with your story telling! Glad Barney could be of assistance. :-) I agree... a photo of Barney would have been helpful.

Emily said...

Oh I can just see you standing out there dealing with Barney - too funny! We needed a picture of you and Barney during the investigation! hahahahaha

Melissa said...

Drat. I wanted to see a picture of Barney. ;o) Stinks that your day started out like that...God forbid someone actually get a JOB and buy their own GPS.